If the white on white trend seems a little intimidating or daunting to you, you aren't alone. As a self-proclaimed spiller of EVERYTHING, it hardly seems like something that will work for me without highlighting every little hand spasm I've had throughout the day (not to mention my love of red wine). Yet I have to say, there's something so fresh and clean about the look that makes me want to figure out how to reign my clumsiness in and go for it!
Here are our 5 suggestions for making White On White work for you:
1. Mix & Match Textures - Because you are working with such a monotone palette, it can make the specific fabrics really pop and come to life. Consider pairing white denim with a lightweight cotton shirt or chunky sweater to maximize the visual interest.
2. Layer It Up - Adding some layers (in various textures as noted above) is another great way to add instant style to an outfit. We love Khloe Kardashian's combo of white skinnies, extra long tank & cropped jacket.
3. Keep the Balance - Be mindful of the shapes & proportions that you are pairing together. If you have something with more volume on the top or bottom, balance it out with something more sleek & fitted on the other half. This is a rule that stylists are alllllways preaching out - but something that I think is ESPECIALLY important for us tall ladies. If you get too carried away with volume all over the place, because there are so many extra inches to our frames, it can get sloppy quick.
4. Fun Accessories - Against the white background, bright jewelery, bags, hats & shoes really POP and are a fun way to infuse a little personality!
5. Own it - Like anything, the more confident you are, the better anything looks! So feel good & rock it!
In tribute, we are holding a White on White sale starting this Friday (6/5) and running through next Saturday! Select white pieces will be on sale with discounts ranging from 20-40%, both in-store and online (plus free shipping with a $75 purchase). It's a great time to embrace the trend or just add some fun neutrals to your wardrobe. Here's just a few fun pieces that will be included: